31 May 2017 The Food Corridor Turns One!
Happy Birthday to us! On June 1, 2016, we took a deep breathe and hit the “launch” button. It’s been quite the year since signing our very first kitchens – Evolved Kitchen, Colleton Commercial Kitchen, The Food Innovation Accelerator at Kansas State University Olathe, and Flint Food Works. We are grateful for their early-stage faith in us!
Over the last 12-months, we’ve done a lot:
- Supported 700+ food businesses and shared-use kitchens through thousands of commercial kitchen bookings
- Grown our team
- Added several product features
- Released our resources page
- Gave back through Pledge 1% Colorado
- Published the 2017 Shared-use Kitchen Policy Landscape report
- Our Network for Incubator & Commissary Kitchens (NICK) took on a life of its own
- Made some amazing friends on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook
- Our own co-founder and CEO, Ashley Colpaart earned her doctorate!
Here’s to many more years of building kitchens, strengthening communities, creating jobs, supporting food entrepreneurs, and getting better food to more people!