It’s almost time, folks! Our very first annual NICK Summit is completely sold out. We couldn’t be more humbled by the community of coordinators, sponsors, speakers, and attendees that have pulled together to make this event possible.
If you’re attending, we’re excited to meet many of you in person for the first time in less than a week.We are excited to announce that Purdue Extension Local Food Program is providing each attendee with a printed copy of the Share Kitchen Toolkit to take home! A big thank you to our hosts, The Good Acre, for inviting us all into your amazing facility!
Is everyone ready for some shared-kitchen time? Don’t forget to use #NICKSummit throughout the day for following along and participating in the festivities!
A rundown of all the Summit happenings
8 – 9 am Welcome
9 am-12 pm Morning Workshop
Innovative Approaches: Quickfire Presentations by Kitchens
- Sean Gartland, Flint Food Works – Creating jobs and farmers market partners
- Trish Wesevich, Capital Kitchens – Attracting and retaining clients and creating a market for your clients’ products
- Massimo Noja De Marco, Kitchen United – Launching a delivery only kitchen
- Ciaran Nagle, Foundation Kitchen – Navigating bureaucracy and food safety
- Luca Carnevale, Hope & Main – Powering partnerships & launching an app
- Roz Freeman, Commonwealth Kitchen – Next stepping into retail and co-packing
Expanding Impact through Programming: Panel Discussion with Mission-driven Kitchens
12-1 pm Networking & Lunch provided by The Good Acre client, Union Kitchen
1-2 pm Afternoon Kick Off | Resources Session | Tours
Resources available onsite:
- USDA – shared kitchen funding sources
- FLIP – food liability insurance for makers
- Trinet – full service HR services for food companies
- The Food Corridor – shared kitchen management software
- Cultivate Consulting – helping food artisans grow
- PieShell – crowdfunding for food companies
- Esca Bona – the good food startup conference
2:15-5 pm Collaborative Discussions
Roundtable discussion for kitchen managers to share strategies and tackle timely kitchen management concerns
Session One – The Bottom Line: Roundtable discussions among kitchen managers on strategies for financial success
Session Two – Sticky Issues: Strategy discussions for kitchen managers on overcoming operational challenges
Discussions facilitated by:
- Dawn Meader McCausland
- Sari Kimbell
- Andrew Carberry
- Susan Schempf
- Andrea Petzel
Don’t forget to hang around for a reception immediately following the summit to mingle with all of your new friends over delicious food and drink at The Lynhall.
A huge thank you to all of our sponsors for making this year’s NICK Summit a reality! We couldn’t have done it without your support.